The Christmas holiday and New Year celebrations tend to be associated with drinking bubbly, or spumante wine, such as Champagne, Prosecco, Asti Spumante, and even Lambrusco. Below we have a few tricks to help you through the season.
1. Placing your room-temperature bubbly in a bucket filled with a lot of ice water (at least 2 trays of ice) will help to cool down the wine faster than placing it in the freezer.
2. For a safer and easier bottle opening, place a dish towel or napkin over the neck and bottle cork, after the foil has been removed, and slowly pull it out by twisting it gently. Always point the bottle away from your guests and yourself!
3. It is best to use a tall Champagne flute with a tapered mouth for Champagne or Prosecco because it creates a slow and controlled release of the bubbles.
4. To pour the sparkling wine, start by filling the glasses with only an inch of wine, wait for the foam to settle, then top off the glass to between 2⁄3 and 3⁄4 full, or tilt the glass at a slight angle while pouring. This helps to protect the bubbles.
5. It is best to store your sparkling wine on its side, in order to protect the cork from drying out. Also, once a bottle is open, seal it with a specially designed Champagne stopper to help save some of the fizz.
- HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Don’t forget to give a GIFT TO YOUR FRIENDS - give a subscription to CIBO. Click here for OUR PROMOTION.